Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Rest of Your Life

This week my pulpit supply, Mr. Matt Walker, has been kind enough to help me out with the Pastor's Page as well. I am headed to a men's conference at Mo-Ranch, looking forward to a wonderful weekend, and this is an excellent way to start it off. I hope you are inspired by what Matt has to say. 

I have recently been looking for different paths for the Lord to take me on and here recently I have been truly blessed.  I prayed that God would lay down paths for me take and that he would lead the way.  I asked that he would help me in being successful in all aspects of my life.  I asked him to make me a father, husband, and a friend that would be pleasing to him.  I was reminded by what Jesus says in Matthew, ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  (Matthew 7:7)

We all look and search for things to make us happy.  We read books, listen to inspirational messages, and even try to have a positive thinking strategy.  There’s absolutely nothing wrong with any of these, but we need to realize that we are going to have trials and tribulations during this life.  During these times it becomes harder for us to maintain that level of positive thinking.  

Today, I want to take you on a journey through the book of Philippians.  Philippians was written by the Apostle Paul while he was in jail in Rome.  He is writing this letter to the church of Philippi.  Even though he is in prison, he feels happy when he thinks of what Christ means to him and of what the Philippians are doing for him.  If he can maintain a happy feeling in prison then certainly we can model after him.  As you read these verses and think I want you to remember to always rejoice in the Lord and to be content, whatever the circumstances.

Hebrews 12:2 says, Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Jesus went through what he did for the joy that was set before him.  I am reminded to what Paul writes in Chapter 1:21, For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.  When we truly grasp this and use this as the criteria, we always win.  God showed me the way.  God led me down that path and showed me where to find that joy.  We will find joy when we choose to focus in on Christ, his people, his work, and his faithfulness instead of circumstances. 

Blessings,

Matt Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment