Sunday, April 22, 2012

No More Room


No More Room – I have cried in anger far more often than I would like to admit. I have cried in sadness and hurt and have felt better for having done so. I have been overwhelmed with pride for all five of my children, Tracy, my parents, and many other times, people, and situations. I recognize that I have been blessed in so many ways, but I have never had to ask someone to stop blessing me.

Malachi 3:10 tells us  that God wants to bless us so much that we beg him to stop because we can’t take any more. “Trust me now in this” says the Lord, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour you out such a blessings that you will not be able to receive it.” WOW! Can you imagine that? Have you ever experienced that?

I was fortunate enough this last week when the Holy Spirit brought this verse to my mind continually one day. Not only did God bring it to mind, but he brought a name with it each time. Finally, it happened so many times that I got the message. God wanted me to share this verse with the person he named. I pulled out their E-mail address and typed out the message, telling them that I felt God wanted them to walk through this day with this verse in mind.

Later that night I talked with them on the phone. “Tell me that verse one more time,” they said, so I did.

“Well, let me tell you about my day,” they said. They proceeded to tell me about the stressful event they had to face earlier in the day. They knew things would be OK, but still there was that anxiety about the events they faced. They read “their verse” and decided that everything would be fine because it all rested in God’s hands. 

The marvelous work you may already have guessed. Things were far more than OK,  way past being adequate, than surviving or getting by. Things were blessed, and the blessing was beyond anything they could have imagined.

God is waiting. Your blessing is stored up. In fact, there is so much of it stored up that it takes massive floodgates to hold it all back. The Divine hand is on the lever, waiting to throw open those gates and unleash a blessing of his love and presence so great that you will not be able to conceive of it or hold it in. The wonderful part of that blessing is that when it is unleashed on you to that extent you have to share it in order for it to keep coming. As you share it and pass it along the Gospel is preached, Christ is proclaimed and God is glorified.

 Pastor Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment