Saturday, February 22, 2014

Redemmed


Some of you may not have heard of the Christian recording group Big Daddy Weave. Yes, you read that correctly. Well, they have a wonderful song called Redeemed. The first verse and the chorus are below.

Seems like all I could see was the struggle
Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past
Bound up in shackles of all my failures
Wondering how long is this gonna last
Then You look at this prisoner and say to me
“Son, stop fighting a fight that's already been won”

(Chorus)
I am redeemed
You set me free
So I'll shake off theses heavy chains
And wipe away every stain
Now I'm not who I used to be
I am redeemed
I am redeemed


The Scriptures put it this way. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. . .Reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ[1].

Do not live as people stuck in the past! You are no longer the slave of sin and death. You have been redeemed. You do not need to crawl like the lowest servant into the presence of the king. You may enter as one of his own children, an heir of the kingdom of God.

If we are no longer prisoners, why do we walk along our Christian journey bound by the chains of our past? We live free. We live victoriously. We live eternally. We live forgiven.

Pastor Craig



[1] Romans 6:5-6,11

No comments:

Post a Comment