Friday, September 10, 2010

An Open Letter in Rhyme to President Obama

The following lines are penned by a friend of mine, the Poet Laureate for my home town. They are not my own.

Dear President Obama

The powers that be are ordained of God
Roman 13:1 says, so I give a nod
to the fact that you are indeed my president.
However, that does not mean
that my vision of you has no tarnished sheen.
I believe that God sent you as His judgment.

America has wandered far --
to the point where you say we no longer are
porperly described as a Christian nation.
Our founding fathers, if you read their words,
would say that is completely absurd.
Christian morals form our base foundation.

But, fearing some might be offended,
American has effectively ended
any trace of God in our public halls.
Public prayer and His due respect
are now politically incorrect.
No wonder He fails to answer our calls.

To compound this "Obama-nation"
you now espouse "Collective Salvation"
which has no nasis in the Holy Bible.
This year you canceled our "Day of Prayer,"
but at Ramadan, prayed with Muslims there.
For these actions, most Christians hold you liable.

You, Sir, promised hope and change --
and yes, our country is rearranged!
But where, Sir, is that often promised hope?
Unemployment nears ten percent;
our deficit has no precedent,
and most Americans feel near the end of their rope.

I believe to the depths of my soul
tht God is still in complete control
and is the only hope for our survival.
In my opinion, He put you in place
to get our attention and cause us to face
our sins and our need for a sweeping, spiritual revival.

No comments:

Post a Comment