Monday, August 3, 2009

In the beginning. . .

My friend, Ken Lane, is on a trip to the Holy Land as I sit here back in the US. He is blogging his way there and back at http://kensholyadventure.blogspot.com/. Well, I thought, "How fun." Not to go to the Holy Land. I am one of those rare pastor's who does not have the compelling desire at this time in my life to "walk where Jesus walked." I'll leave that to Ken and St. Peter while I stay in the boat with the rest of the disciples.

I like politics. I am a strong conservative but do like to hear all sides. I am married to the most wonderful woman in the world. I have five children scattered all over the world. Part of this is because two sons are in the Marine Corps. I have a wonderful daughter-in-law that I am just starting to get to know. Our home includes seven dogs, six horses, one miniature donkey, and a whole host to Texas Longhorn show cattle.

I serve First Presbyterian Church of Ennis and love my congregation. They are a diverse group of people trying to grow in love and compassion for one another, their Lord, and their fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

This may, or may not, be a daily thing. It all depends on my inspiration at the time. I hope you stop by often and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment